3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 8:54 AM by Parabellum

DP67BG Fan Control Settings

billyloner@hotmail.com

Hi

I recently bought a DP67BG to go with i5-2500k.

I got everything set up pretty much as I want for now, with the exception of the fan control.

The BIOS settings indicate that the different fans can be controlled autmoatically, or set individually to a specific speed.

So my questions are: Why does the CPU fan speed remain essentially constant when using a PWM fan, despite being set to automatic in the settings? No matter what CPU utilisation, the monitor reports the fan to be running at 650rpm, give or take 5%. Am I missing something? Perhaps to do with using a PWM fan or something?

Secondly, I have my GPU fan plugged into Aux, and the setting for Aux I changed to GPU. But again, this seems to run constant. Is this normal? Again, it is a PWM fan, if this makes any difference. Certainly, if I set the fan to manual and turn it right up to 100%, it spins up. But on automatic, it seems to remain around 650rpm, same as the CPU. In fact, the same thing also happens with the front and rear fans, both plugged into the front and rear plug, respectively, though I am less concerned about these.

Am I missing something? Does the motherboard not control the fan speed when it is set to automatic?

• 1. Re: DP67BG Fan Control Settings
          Parabellum

You need to change BIOS settings in the Fan Control section.

Just click the temperature and find RPM settings.

The point is, that you have to adjust Target temperature, the default is 85 degrees, I guess.

So, you change target temp to for example 50 degrees, and the range of CPU cooler RPM %.

Target temp means motherboard tries to maintain set (50 degrees) temperature of CPU or lower.

The default setting of 85 degrees means, that CPU RPM will raise only when CPU temp reaches that value, which I have never seen. That is why your RPMs stay around 1000.

Minimum is set to 20% and max to 100%. Also, you should enter degree at which RPM go to 100% (for example 75 degrees).

--------

It is not some issue with hardware itself, it is just settings, that need to be changed.

Hope that helped.

• 2. Re: DP67BG Fan Control Settings
            billyloner@hotmail.com

Amazing, thank you.

I had given up on trying to find this solution, I had tried everything I could think of in the fan settings, but it never occurred to me that it was the temperature settings I needed to adjust.

My CPU fan now varies as I had intended when I built my computer, thank you.