3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2011 3:42 PM by tedk

Boot Barrelfish

brownrabbit

Hi!

I am trying to boot Barrelfish OS on the SCC board.

I found the document that helps this process. I attach this document.

*** I built Barrelfish and created bigimage.dat file from an enhanced GRUB menu.lst file using the dite image generation tool.

I think it fulfills the #1. problem of the document.

*** Now I am trying to convert this binary image, bigimage.dat into Intel 32.obj binary format (#2. problem of the document).

First I downloaded the bin2obj tool from SCC repository and executed but several errors occured like this:

Converting file >boot_params.bin< to .32.obj format at origin 0x00024000 (0x00090000) ... done with 512 Bytes.

Datafile >bzImage.setup< could not be opened, not writing data for this file
          Converting file >commandline.bin< to .32.obj format at origin 0x00026400 (0x00099000) ... done with 65 Bytes.
          Datafile >bzImage.bin< could not be opened, not writing data for this file
          Datafile >reset_vector.bin< could not be opened, not writing data for this file
          Total conversion: 577 Bytes

These errors occured because the files, bzImage.setup, bzImage.bin, rest_vector.bin did not exist in the bin2obj folder?

If then, how can I get these files?

I don't know how to solve this problem..

*** I have one more question. The usage of the command sccMerge is

sccMerge [options] <name>.mt

sccMerge [options] <name>.asm

sccMerge [options] <name>.obj

From the document, I should use the file, barrelfish48.mt. The file is composed of 48 lines like:

0x00 0x00 6 0x00 barrelfish0.obj

I know that the <name>.mt file contains the PID and the testcase in each line.

What is the testcase, namely barrelfish0.obj?

Is it a program that will be executed in Barrelfish or the 32.obj image created by bin2obj tool?

Please give me some detailed explanations.

Thanks!