Anyone suffered graphic bugs/glitches when gaming with Intels integrated HD graphics GPU? I'm sure it's not only me. Will start with the first few games regarding HD3000 on i5-2500k with newest drivers,
- Tropico 3: the water is messed up, screens below /Update: fixed with 220.127.116.111
- Trackmania United/Forever: graphic glitches with motion blur enabled (first two screens below with motion blur, last two without)
- Oblivion: when playing with HDR enabled only a bluish picture over the entire screen
- Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark: it lags like hell for some reason (if asked for I capture a video, but you can search for AMDs LLano video, they used this glitch to promote Llanos multithreading performance, it's exactly the same) /Update: almost no lags with 18.104.22.1681
- Farming Simulator 2011: crashing or not loading with graphic setting medium and high, only workable with lowest graphic setting
- Fear, Arcania, Oblivion, GTR 2, Dragon Age: anisotropic filtering not applied when enabled in control center (this bug is endless, looks like AF in control center is more a placebo option actually)
That's my first reporting. Feel free to post more bugs here.
Some updates based on my observations with driver version 22.214.171.1241.
- Tropico 3 and Grand Ages Rome water issues fixed with 126.96.36.1991.
- Final Fantasy Benchmark lags gone with 188.8.131.521, fixed now
New Bug discovered since 184.108.40.2061
- Hawx 2 (Demo) menu font corrupted or letters missing
any previous driver
- Titan Quest complete failure. The game doesn't start with the error message: "couldn't initialize graphics engine"
Not a traditionell game glitch but strange enough. HD3000 should be OpenGL 3.0 or 3.1 compliant as reported in GPU Caps Viewer. I can play all OpenGL 2.x demos except GL 2.1 HW Geometry Instancing with Caps Viewer. Not sure if a bug or something is missing.
- Metro 2033 (Demo) completely broken with driver 220.127.116.111 (details, objects, KI etc. all missing and not rendered properly)
18.104.22.1686 correct rendered
22.214.171.1241 incorrect rendered
It should be fixed asap because previous driver did fine here.
Status Update with driver 126.96.36.1990:
- Metro 2033 not broken anymore
- Farming Simulator not crashing anymore with Medium, High and Very High graphics preset
- Hawx 2 menu font not corrupted anymore
AF Filtering is working only in OpenGL games when forced via Control panel, but this is the case with every driver. More a fundamental thing.
I was hoping the latest firmware and driver updates would have solved this but I have the following problems:
Oblivion - locks up (whole computer)
Guild Wars - locks up (whole computer)
Conan - locks up (whole computer)
Sometimes it will work for hours, even days, then it will lock up repeatedly within minutes of starting the game. Temperatures are not a problem.
I have had no problems in 2D world, only with games. When it was new, I would get the message that the graphics crashed and it recovered. sometimes I could recover from the crash by pulling up the task manager and cancelling it, but not anymore. Now it just locks up, often with a nasty noise in the speaker.
Asrock Z68 Pro3, Windows 7 Professional 64bit, 8 gig ram, two monitors
I'm using the asrock provided driver VGA driver ver:188.8.131.522
I have serious issues with the intel IGPU drivers as well. The current games I'm trying to play (and failing miserably because of the poor drivers) are;
Tropico: When enabling hardware acceleration in-game the display is completely garbled, I also can't change resolution from 1024*768 to my native resolution of 1366*768.
Tropic 2: I can't change resolution from 1024*768 to my native 1366*768.
Tropico 3: The game just runs like crap even with all in-game settings set to low / off.. I know the integrated 4500M IGPU isn't exactly powerful but it should surely be powerful enough with 10 unified pipelines to run Tropico 3 in my native resolution with medium settings and get around 20FPS. Hell, I can even run Mass Effect 2 at good settings with the aid of a modded driver and thats far more demanding than Tropico 3! Come on intel, sort yourselves out..
My laptop specs:
T7700 (dual core 2.4GHz, 4MB cache)
2x2GB PC6400 5-5-5-15
Intel 4500M (10 unified pipelines @ 400MHz) w\ 2413 driver
Latest DirectX & Audio drivers
I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread in hopes of a remedy at least to the poor Tropico 3 performance.
HD3000 Driver 184.108.40.2066
Black screen ingame:
- Red Alert 2
- Space Rangers 2
Gamma issue (too dark):
- Quake 3
- Soldier of Fortune II
- Call of Duty United Offensive
When I change a graphics setting in Quake 3 or Soldier of fortune II the gamma looks for a second normal bright and then it switched back to the darkness. Could be a major flaw, I'm sure there are many more games with the same gamma issue. In window mode the gamma is better but in fullscreen way too dark.
When I change a graphics setting in Quake 3 or Soldier of fortune II the gamma looks for a second normal bright and then it switched back to the darkness.
I noticed that too, but only with ioquake: when the game starts the brightness is normal for a couple of seconds while the "id software" animation is displayed. Later, if a "vid_restart" is done, again the bightness returns to normal for a couple of seconds.
There's another small annoyance I didn't mention before: if I start quake 3 while the Firefox window is minimized, then the game plays with a solid grey screen (the sound plays normally, indicating that the game is not crashed). This issue doesn't happen with ioquke, only with id software quake 3 builds.