3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 6:56 PM by BigK52

No Internet Access, But There Is!

BigK52

I am using the DX58SO motherboard, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  I have installed all of the latest drivers and BIOS.  The Network and Sharing Center shows that I have no Internet access but I do have Internet access.  The only way to get rid of the error message is to uninstall the NIC and the reinstall.  Eventually the error message returns.  Other Windows 7 machines on the network do not have the issue.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

• 1. Re: No Internet Access, But There Is!

Sounds exactly like the same problem I had. I tried everything, different settings, router, cables...etc.  I don't recall if downloading the latest NIC exe installer, or using the utility ( at http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/?iid=dc_spotlight_dctop10 ), or the Device Manager, NIC, Properties, driver update finally worked for me.

It was definitely a bug, it was driver related, and I saw the driver update wasn't working porperly. What I found finally fixed this was install the NIC drivers... but the trick was the right ones. For some reason Windows was always installing old drivers files even when I was using the latest driver version installers. Maybe the install bug that wasn't fixing a driver bug was resolved in the lastest driver update.

If you haven't already, make sure you have the latest BIOS firmware in, chipset drivers in, then the NIC.

The thing to watch is the driver version numbers to see if they have been updated after upgrading the NIC driver files.

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: No Internet Access, But There Is!

I believe that I have everything updated but am still having the issue. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

LKen

• 3. Re: No Internet Access, But There Is!
              BigK52

I believe that I have everything updated but am still having the issue. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Ken