Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20456 Discussions

BSOD after installing Intel HD Graphics Driver

idata
Employee

Hi guys,

Yesterday I checked if there was a new version of the Intel HD Graphics driver.

I went through the Intel software and clicked the link to check updates. I found a newer version (15.22.1.64.2361) and I installed them, everything went fine and then it asks me to reboot and then after I did, the bsod comes up with bad_system_config, It cannot start normally, only in safe mode. What can I do?

Can anyone help me?

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi there!

Have you tried running system restore?

You can access this utility by going to Start menu and type "MSCONFIG" then enter, select Tools tab and highlight "system restore" and click on launch.

Also, try uninstalling any Intel graphics driver from Control Panel and try a lower version

To download previous versions try below

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+controllers&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics

Thanks

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried the earlier update as well as the new and both blue screen. I ran every other update on the site including software, bios, drivers, etc. I rebooted after every single one and I got blue screens after installing the graphics driver. I had to do a system restore each time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Why would I get a BSOD with an Intel brand chip and Intel brand board?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I already wiped windows off my system. This will still be helpful from some readers I'm sure.

I am running CentOS now. There are no drivers for linux on here. Is Intel going to be releasing drivers for the Linux platform.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

There are drivers for the various Linux distributions,, you need to go to the distributions for them.

0 Kudos