0 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2011 6:55 PM by Tom_B

What is the best way to record audio from an Intel mother board?

Tom_B

What is the best way to record audio from an Intel mother board? 

This Intel DG45ID has all the audio connections for front, rear, "center/lfe," etc.  I have a need to record regular stereo audio with a portable recorder, connected with a patch cord.  If possible I want a fixed audio level or a level that is adjusted separately from the speakers.

Connecting to the headphone jack on the front of the PC cabinet mutes the audio to the speakers.  Do I need to connect a "Y" connector to the jack for the amplified speakers, or is there a way to configure this so I get an additional audio out to one of the other jacks? 

What about the "center/lfe" ?  Is this only for bass or can it be used as a regular mono audio output?

I am using the IDT audio control panel - that came with the Intel DG45ID.  The system is XP-Pro. 

I don't see an explanation of the items in the pull down window on the IDT, and am using "IDT Audio 1."  So I don't understand what is going on with other choices like "SndT Audio Device 5" etc.  What is going on with these?  Thanks.