1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2011 10:11 PM by fearsome

DX58SO hangs, 9B after BIOS Update and Recovery

fearsome

I updated the BIOS to 5559 this morning and now the system hangs on boot up at 9B. I have tried:

1. Reset to factory settings by removing the battery--no change

2. Recover the BIOS with a thumb drive with a fresh download of 5559--no change

3. Recover the BIOS with a thumb drive with 5529--no change

I am now wondering if there is something else going on not caused by the new BIOS.

What is 9B? What other trouble shooting can I try to isolate the problem? The system was working fine before with occasional fan speed issues I was hoping to solve with the update.

• 1. Re: DX58SO hangs, 9B after BIOS Update and Recovery
          fearsome

UPDATE:

I decided to try something really radical as the system was down so why not? I loaded BIOS vers. 4598 using the Recovery method and I'm now on-line using the DX58SO system.

My question now would be:

How new a version of the BIOS is safe to use and should I attempt to update again?

So in the meantime I guess I solved my own problem but it would seem there should be something to gain in updating besides trouble. It would be nice if there were a simulation that could be run on your system to prove compatibility of the BIOS update that wouldn't create such extream issuses as I had. Had I not been so "Bull Headed" and continued to try different versions of the BIOS I would still be using my wife's nice but inferior system and still be searshing for solutions.