cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

510Series Not bootable, not showing in windows, but shows in bios

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a relatively new 510 series 250GB SSD by Intel

Problem: Secure Erased SSD in secondary windows install on another internal HDD. Secure Erase failed with no error message. Reboot PC to install windows to 510 series and:

The SSD shows up in windows installer screen

The SSD Is displayed on Windows Instal screen as a disk of unallocated space

Windows cannot be installed to the SSD because "it is not bootable"

The 510 Series SSD does not show up in device manager, my computer, or the drive list in Intel SSD Toolbox when ran from a secondary internal HDD/OS

I'm running off my backup windows partition but I wanna get everything installed back to the SSD, but Windows doesn't want to install to it, and its not detected in an installed envrionment at all

What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay this might be something worth to add:

I tried to access Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and its saying the disk on port 1: STATUS: LOCKED and it keeps asking for a password

i set no such password. I had a secure erase fail though... ideas?

edit

Upon further reading, when Secure Erase failed, it put a password on the drive. I need to unlock it and re-do the Sanitary erase, what password does SE use from Intel SSD toolbox?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would recommend contacting Intel Technical Support (via phone) about this.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU..... They have tight hours. Thankfully I'm off tomorrow....

Anyone got a different idea other than waiting for tech support? I'd like to get off this backup hdd asap.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's 22:39 PDT. You're going to have to wait 'til tomorrow regardless. The Intel Support Community is not the same thing as Intel Technical Support via phone. The drive is essentially locked via a disk firmware-level password, and only Intel will be able to assist you in this matter.