Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

BUG Report: Minor distortion problem with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

idata
Employee

I have a asus k52f laptop with a 15.6inch LED screen and it is using Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD. I have set the monitor to turn itself off after 1 hour of no activity. Sometimes after 1 hour when I come back and move the Mouse to turn the screen back on, there is some distortion that looks like static you get from a tv with bad reception in the taskbar, and in the title bar of Internet explorer 9, and also in the middle of the internet explorer screen. To fix the problem I have to minimize internet explorer then maximize it and then the distortion is gone. Here is some of my laptop specs:

Asus k52f laptop

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit

Internet explorer 9

Adobe flash player 10.2.159.1

Intel Core i3 m370 2.4ghz CPU

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Revision 18

15.6inch LED screen

Intel havendale/clarkdale host bridge Rev 18

Southbridge: Intel HM55

Resolution: 1366x768. 32bit color depth .Refresh rate 60hz.

Downloaded ALL high priority and optional Windows Updates, EXCEPT for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 but that is just a collection of old updates and some new features and some people said it crashed their pc so I'm not installing SP1.

Can the Intel staff please respond here and also release a Windows update that will fix this problem?

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Updating the driver with the last release downloaded from www.intel.com solve the problem for me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

what problem did you have? and was it the same laptop as me?

0 Kudos