4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 6:45 PM by functionalitytest

DH57DD w/ i3-550 - no video

Sarlic

Hi everyone:

I'm building a home media server and purchased the above-mentioned board and chip, along with 4 gig (2 dimm) of CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666).

I've set everything up, plugged in, fan starts, green lights on, no beeps -- and no video.  I've tried plugging the monitor in via both the DVI and the HDMI ports without any signal.

This is incredibly frustrating.  Can anyone help?  I've read things about AA#'s needing BIOS updates (mine is AA E8022-204, accoring to the box) but I'm not really sure if mine needs one.

Any suggestions/help that anyone could provide would be wonderful.  This is my first time building my own system, and I've been googling all night about what could be causeing this issue without any luch.

Many thanks,

SM

• 1. Re: DH57DD w/ i3-550 - no video
          Sarlic

Also, in case it's relevant, my power supply is Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

• 2. Re: DH57DD w/ i3-550 - no video
            functionalitytest

did you plug in the ATX12V 4 Pins power supply cable to motherboard?

try take out the CPU and put back again.

try 1 RAM in different slot

• 3. Re: DH57DD w/ i3-550 - no video
              Sarlic

Thanks for your response!

I've tried reseating the processor twice, as well as switching RAM slots.  Right now I have both chips in the blue slots.

I have two power cables running from the supply to the boad -- the main cable, as well as the 4 pin cable plugged in just above the processor.

I'll mess around with the RAM again when I get home later today, but assuming that does *not* fix the problem, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

SM

• 4. Re: DH57DD w/ i3-550 - no video
                functionalitytest

try more power for the power supply..

if still not fix it may due to motherboard or cpu.