3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 11:29 AM by mechbob RSS

DP55WB with 16GB ram?

jbomb Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

The manual says it can do it.  But I've got 4x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 dimms here.  And if I install all 4 it fails to boot with the three beeps.  If I remove the b channel it boots fine with 8GB of ram.  Is this a known issue?

My old configuration is the same chips only 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 and they worked great.

• 1. Re: DP55WB with 16GB ram?
    jbomb Community Member

Thought I was running the most recent BIOS but I wasn't.  Updated to most recent and works fine now.

• 2. Re: DP55WB with 16GB ram?
    synapsi Community Member

Hi there,

I have exactly the same motherboard & RAM chips (Corsair XMS3, 4x4GB set). After I first installed them, the computer worked perfectly fine for a month or so.

But last night my PC had shut down automatically and wouldn't boot, only did the triple-beep warning. After troubleshooting for a while, the situation is that if I put chips on the B channel, the machine will do the triple-beep-warning and won't boot.

I have the latest BIOS version installed, so I'm very confused. My PSU is a top-of-the-line Seasonic (Platinum 80 series) and I've monitored the voltages in BIOS - they seem to be all right. I don't do any overclocking or those sort of things, so I'm clueless. First it worked, now it doesn't. And there were no changes in hardware in between.

All help highly appreciated! Thanks!

• 3. Re: DP55WB with 16GB ram?
    mechbob Community Member

One of the Ram chips may have died try them one at a time see what you get , use the first socket nearest the CPU .  KUDOS on the Seasonic , thats the only CO. I use for PSUs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...