Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD3000 graphics driver on 2011 MacBook Pro 15

idata
Employee

I am unable to install the Intel HD3000 driver on a 2011 Macbook Pro 15 running Win7 x64. The CPU is an i7-2635QM. I want to enable the Intel HD integrated graphics and disable the ATI 6490M discrete graphics in order to extend battery life.

If I run the automated setup (either from Apple Bootcamp drivers or Intel downloaded drivers), I get the following message: "This computer does not meet the minimum hardware requirements."

I I try a manual/legacy install, I get the choice of Intel HD Graphics Family, Intel HD Graphics, or Intel HD Graphics Family (three choices), when I point to the Graphics folder of the unzipped Intel drivers. Installing any of them goes forward, but the htab of the Driver properties box shows a Code 31 (drivers failed to load). Disabling the ATI adapter gives me a VGA 800x600 screen (the screen is 1440x900) with large black borders, so the machine is clearly not seeing the integrated graphics hardware despite installation of the graphics driver.

Since this is a Mac (EFI), I don't have the choice of enabling the integrated graphics in a BIOS boot screen.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

I have the exact same problem.

Does any one knows how to enable the Intel HD on macbook pro running windows 7?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

same problem

did u get the solution?

and is intel here to help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I`ve got the same problem on XPS 17!!! Windows doesn`t recognize Intel Grahpics at all! I have only my GT 555 card. Sandy Bridge processor Intel(R) Core i7-2720QM CPU. HDMI also doesnt work. My system is windows Ultimate. New drivers from Dell.com. \please help to solve this problem!

Probably I have an idea! But i don`t know how to do smthg with it! Drivers for my processors are windows installed by default and dated 2006 year!!!!!!!!!! How can Sandy Bridge can be dated 2006 year??????? HeeeelP

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same exact problem on Macbook pro running windows 7....

Intel ? help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Can i know why it is not possible to install graphics driver under Windows and when intel plans on releasing a windows driver for MacBook pro

0 Kudos
JJ4
Beginner

It's almost a good feeling to know I'm not the only one. I have almost the exact same specs (Late 2011 MBP 15", AMD Radeon 6770M, Intel HD 3000, Bootcamp Win 7 64 bit) I never realized that my Intel graphics weren't being read until earlier this evening when i was digging around. I was trying to swap from AMD to Intel and found the drivers and there was the IntelHDGraphicsSetup, and IntelHDGraphicsSetup64. I tried both but my computer kept saying that my computer didn't meet the requirements when my computer was built with the chipset. Doesn't make sense to me. Any insight on this would be helpful. I will also be contacting Intel directly.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

To all MacBook Pro users: at this stage, the support for your product is offered through your computer manufacturer. I recommend checking the link below for troubleshooting assistance on your Apple computer:

http://www.apple.com/support/mac/ http://www.apple.com/support/mac/

Allan.

0 Kudos