I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 15R, until I received an update from Windows Update Video "Intel Corporation - Display - Intel (R) HD Graphics" (Optional), I could use 1366 x 768, but after this could no longer update.
I've tried back the restore point (not returned, the Windows is not allowed), install a newer driver video adapter, go back an older driver, install the driver available from Dell, try update again via Windows Update, but all attempts were unsuccessful.
I contacted Dell support via chat, attendant advised me to run the Dell Diagnostics boot time, was not accused of any problem hardware.
Any ideas what can I do to solve the problem? I'm not willing to take that format and/or make a restore cause of a driver from Windows Update.
Thank you in advance.
PS.: My english google translator. =D
Follow the steps to resolve the problem:
1) Uninstalled all drivers possible
2) Reinstalled just the latest driver available from Dell for n5010
3) I removed the automatic windows updates, including those recommended, which was the case
4) Rebooted the notebook in recovery mode of directories
5) Rebooted the notebook normally, there was resolution 1366 x 768 =D