1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2011 5:25 PM by Victor_Intel

Severe problem after installing Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 64 bit

Alek

Hello All!

Please help, I am having very frustrating situation here.

Just bought a new PC with:

-i7 2600 processor

-Asus P8H67-M PRO (3-rd revision)

-2x4 GB RAM (Kingston)

-Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit

- Monitor SM2494 LW (1920x1080)

Using i7 2600 HD graphics, processor built-in.

After connecting the monitor to PC it appeared that it's not possible to set the max resolution 1920x1080.

Ok, Intel says here 

http://www.intel.com/support/ru/mt/mt_win.htm 

that it may happen when using some displays. Then it says: in order to resolve  the problem you need to install Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator driver.

Ok, then I follow the option For the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 & Intel® HD Graphics

which is my case and download the driver Win7Vista_64_15218bb.zip for the Win 7 64-bit.

Then I install the driver, reset the computer after the installation is comlete and then... A BIG PROBLEM!

Windows does not start, after each attempt to eneter BIOS (tried every key on the keyboard), the computer is rebooted. I even cannot remove the driver...

Did someone have suchlike problem? I really don't know what to do in this situation... Any advice please?

• 1. Re: Severe problem after installing Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver 64 bit
          Victor_Intel

Hello Alek,

I see that you are having problems installing the latest video drivers in your computer.

When you have this kind of situation, the problem is usually an operating system corruption, this is why it is always recommended to reinstall your operating system when you change any parts in your hardware.

If you have a fresh install of your operating system and the problem is present, I recommend you to get in safe mode for Windows*, uninstall the video driver, restart the computer in normal mode and install the monitor drivers and finally you go ahead and install the latest video drivers.

Please keep in mind that you should be running the latest BIOS for your motherboard and that the monitor drivers will be provided by the monitor manufacturer.

Regards.