Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

G45/G43 8.15.10.2302 driver set Blank screen on Acer M3900 with Acer P186H monitor

idata
Employee

About a week ago my computer screen began to flicker than all the sudden it went blank. It shows its receiving power but no display. I tried the monitor on my other computer and it works just fine. I put a CRT monitor on the Acer and it works. I can boot into safe mode and the display shows up. I checked the display driver chipset and thought that it needed to be updated. but before i did that I uninstalled the drivers to see if that woudl work. I rebooted and it came up as a generic PnP display with generic display settings. in other words i cant use the monitor the way it was meant for. My next step was to reinstall new drivers. I went from 8.15.10.1808 to 2182 then today I tried 2302. All of which dont work. I again disabled the driver and my screen works in generic PnP display.

I am running Window 7 64 bit

Current drivers are the latest 2302 driver set but it is disabled so i dont have a blank monitor. I've even tried using older drivers prior to the 1808 and again no luck. I'm begining to think it is a hardware issue witht he desktop. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I forgot to mention. i've done several eRecovery which works just fine but when it comes up to the login screen it goes blank, even from a clean load with updates disabled.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Update: I turned in my computer and monitor to Acer and now it works. Not quite sure what they did. Sure wish they would say what they did. All i know is the drivers are set to the 1808 set. oh well.

0 Kudos