4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2011 12:17 AM by dominionit

S3000AH - Does not want to boot from boot Cd

dominionit

Good day

Hope somebody can help, have tried everything, downloaded the Deployment Assistant, created the boot utility CD from it

and nothing , the system does not want to allow me to boot from ANYTHING, no cd, no floppy . have reseted AMT, cleared BIOS.

I can only get into the EFI Shell script and there it sees all the devices (floppy and cd) with no problem and I can view the files, thus it is readable.

In beginning at said boot error for the CD, but after clearing everything it says nothing.

Does anybody have any pointers on what I can do to get this motherboard to boot from any cd ?

Thanks in Advance

Johannes

• 1. Re: S3000AH - Does not want to boot from boot Cd
          Dan_O

If you can't boot from the Deployment Assistant, can you boot from an OS install CD, like Red Hat or Windows?

If none of those are bootable, you may be having an issue with your CD ROM.  Is it a USB CD-ROM?

• 2. Re: S3000AH - Does not want to boot from boot Cd

Hi there. Thanks for the reply, no it is a IDE cd rom.  I also thought it can be that, but I made a USB device bootable, tested it on other machines

and it works, but on this one it give exactly the same error message. Have tried the recovery via settings the jumper to flash the bios to the latest and that also does not work and that searches the  stiffy, usb and cd rom but no luck.

main thing is that via the EFI shell it sees all files and devices without any problems, but just does not want to boot from anything. tried clearing cmos. still no luck. It just does not make sense, is asif something is blocking it from loading any bootable device but the error message tells you nothing of what it possibly can be.

tx again

• 3. Re: S3000AH - Does not want to boot from boot Cd
              Doc_SilverCreek

Does the BIOS have an EFI priority option?  ( I don't recall if  AH had this option)

If it does & it is enabled, it will not see any non- efi device 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: S3000AH - Does not want to boot from boot Cd
                dominionit

We had to give up with this box and move on. In boot priority there was option for the EFI but no where to disable it otherwise regarding efi nothing else no

thanks for your effort and time thou

have a good day