1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2011 2:57 PM by Salem_Intel

Can Integrator Assistant disable DG41TY Network Interface?

traderv

DG41TY, Win XP Pro, operating for weeks until I decided to try loading the Intel Integrator Assistant (IA).

After that all appeared to function  welle except the Network Interface lights didn't light, the Network Interface function was not detected by Device Manager, and neither IE nor Foxfire 4 can connect to any web location. All other computers on the netwrork continue to function.  None have had IA installed.

I assumed that something associated with loading of the Integrator Assistant  caused the problem and tried to to undue the situation:  I uninstalled the IA function, used System Reset  back to earlier reset points, reset the network router, changed and also removed cable to the network interface .  Nothing worked.

Of course, it is possible (likely?) that the Interface failure and the installation of the IA were conincidental.  I want to ascertain that before taking any other action.  The board is only a couple of months old. I would appreciate any suggestion regarding  any additional test to perform or whether to conclude that the Desktop Board is defective.

Traderv

• 1. Re: Can Integrator Assistant disable DG41TY Network Interface?
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

We have not had similar cases reported nor do we have a known issue with Intel(R) Integrator Assistant (IIA) disabling the network interface.  In view of this, and based on the tests done by you so far, before concluding the board's defective, I'd recommend the following:

1. Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

2. If the problem continues, remove the LAN driver from Add/Remove Programs and ensure the NIC is uninstalled from Device Manager; restart the system and once the Operating System finishes loading all of the drivers and detects the onboard LAN controller, proceed installing the most current LAN driver (click here).