1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2011 4:11 AM by Aryan2411

Can I upgrade my BIOS from version 5417 to 5559 in my DX58SO?

rc_martensen

Hi,

I have a mother board DX58SO running fine with the BIOS version 5417. I am still running with this version because I am afraid of loosing the RAID configuration with the new versions of the SATA RAID (when I tried to upgrade to 5456 last year, I lost the RAID, could not get the PC working and I had to reverse the Bios to version 5417).

Please inform if I will not loose RAID configuration/synchronization if I go to Bios version 5559.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

• 1. Re: Can I upgrade my BIOS from version 5417 to 5559 in my DX58SO?
          Aryan2411

Hello,

As far as I know, I have not come across any issues while upgrading the bios for this board.

Yes, there is one thing that i used to do after upgrading the bios on my board.

Before allowing the OS to boot from the hard drive configuration, i went into the bios by pressingf F2 and made sure that my sata port are configured as raid.

Advanced >> Drive Configuration >> Configure SATA as RAID.

Save and Exit.

The reason for this is because after a bios update, the new bios is set as to default configuration, hence the sata ports are configured as IDE.

Anyway, you can give it a try if you want. I would always make sure that i do have a back up for my precious data.

Here is the latest bios release notes where you can see the fixes

All the best,

Aryan.