Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

HDMI picture quality issues on X4500HD

idata
Employee

Hi, I'm having picture quality problems with my DG45FC board and the X4500HD IGP. I plug in a DVI cable and the picture is perfect. The monitor I'm using - an NEC LCD - is detected in the Graphics and Media Control Panel as a "Monitor..." The problem is when I plug in via an HDMI cable the same monitor is detected as a "Digital Television..." and I think this is the cause for my poor quality picture. I'm getting a blurred effect with red and green fringeing around text. It's really annoying. I've read about similar issues with nVidia cards and HDMI and a registry hack as a workaround to fix. Does anyone know a way to fix this with the Intel IGP? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I'm having the same issue. I have 2 monitors, one connected through DVI, the other HDMI. The DVI looks perfect and shows as "Digital Display", but the HDMI is all washed out and shows as "Digital Television". How do you change this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I never got it working properly. I ended up buying a DVDO iScan Duo and that did correct any issues I had with the Intel video (but at a cost obviously). It's also a useful device because it corrects other issues with computer to TV signals like overscan without having to fiddle with the PC video settings.

0 Kudos