Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Can I use integrated graphics (i5 2500) and discrete graphics (ATI 5450) simultaneously?

idata
Employee

I'm currently using AMD CPU + AMD 790GX + ATI 5450. I can use the integrated graphics and discrete graphics at the same time. I have 3 monitors, two are plugged to ATI 5450, one is plugged to the motherborad.

I'm wondering, can I do the same with Intel i5 2500 + H67 motherboard + ATI 5450?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello caveman,

I see that you are inquiring if you are able to run the onboard graphics and a discrete graphics card at the same time.

In regards to your inquire, this is not possible yet. As soon as you connect a video card on the PCI Express* slot the onboard graphics will be disabled.

The feature is supported on the Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 Processors, the issue at this point will be the VBIOS not supporting this feature currently.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you mean that the possibility of simultaneous work will depend on the motherboard manufacturer?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

and how about Z68 chipset?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just adding another question to this thread. The DQ67SW motherboard product overview says that simultaneous internal graphics and add on card operation can be enabled in the bios. That configuration does exist in the performance/ bus override menu of the BIOS settings dictionary that I downloaded. Intel lists this bios for a great many boards including H67, Q67 and Z68 models. The dictionary does state that menus are board dependant. Does anyone know if this particular BIOS configuration addresses this issue across the board or only on boards that specifically claim it?

0 Kudos