1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 1:45 PM by Salem_Intel

plugging flash drive causes freeze/hang up...

iamedge

i have this set up.

core i processor

intel dh55 motherboard

3gb ram

ati video card

500w supply

i have plugged my flash drive on the front connector it cause my system to freeze. I can't get to task manager nor can control any mouse and kb's..  I already updated to latest bios version of my motherboard. But after that update this weird problem appears.  I have done checking up my system if there are connections that are loose, it remains all in tack. now the problem does't stop there, i found out that my flash drives were OVERHEATED and causes them to malfunction!!! this is really frustrating... it's a 32gb one that passed away $H$*@T!!. then the usb ports now on the front were also DEAD. I dont know about this but it is clearly not my fault, i just plugged in my flash drive from the usb ports and now what?

My friend have this problem too he has a pentium d processor.

same happen from wmy 6yr old computer it as pentium 4 comp and plug in any flash drive from any usb port then it wall cause to shutdown unexpectedly. what the hell.

i have already search this in google and one thing i observed is that it occasionaly happen in an intel set up and they say it is already a TREND for any intel set up................... im cursed!.

• 1. Re: plugging flash drive causes freeze/hang up...
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

I confirm it is rare to see an USB flash drive causing a system to shut down or halt abruptly or an Intel(R) board causing other devices to go bad.  I confirm as long as the system's set up with compatible parts, there shouldn't be any problems.

Regarding the symptom on your current board, based on the Intel® H55 Express Chipset, I'd recommend doing the tests out of the case, on a non-conductive surface to see if the system still freezes.