Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Can't change Panel Fit

idata
Employee

I have a laptop with Win7 Home Premium, Intel HD Graphics.

It used to work fine, but recently, when i go to the Graphic Properties where i can set settings such as Color Enhancement and Display resolution, i can't change the Panel Fit. It is located in "Display" tab at the left column, bottom of the screen that says "Scaling", and you can select from the drag list "Center Image", "Scale Full Screen" or "Maintain Aspect Ratio".

I need to set the scale to "Maintain Aspect Ratio" so that my games look proportional (4:3) even though my laptop is widescreen (16:9). It is always set to "Scale Full Screen". If i change it and click "Apply" or "OK" i click OK again, but when i open the Graphic Properties again, it is back to "Scale Full Screen" again.

It there a way to fix this? I thought it was another "Administrator" privilege nuisance, but even after i run the "GfxUI.exe" as Admin, the change still doesn't take effect. Help please!!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

I have the same problem!!!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

CTRL+ALT+F11

I find it surprising none of the intel people have come up with this solution...

http://communities.intel.com/message/153132# 153132 http://communities.intel.com/message/153132# 153132

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Set your desktop resolution to a non native, can you change the scaling then?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

It seems somthing wrong with the new drivers from intel. I have faced same problem here on my laptop. For testing I've installed the driver from Microsoft Windows Update and now the Panel Fit Scalling is working fine.

Steps:

1. uninstall the driver from device manager also check "delete the driver software for this device" so that it can't install same driver again.

2. restart your computer

3. after restart go to control panel > windows update > check for updates

4. select Important Update > Intel HD Graphics driver and install.

Machine Cofiguration:

Intel Core i3 2.53 GHz (380M)

Intel HD Graphics

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

0 Kudos