1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2011 2:57 AM by

Trouble after Power-On with Desktop Board DG965SS

Teletubby

Hi to all!

I put a used Intel Desktop Board Type DG965SS into my PC. Basically it`s working, but there`s some trouble after Power-On.

First of all: From the moment on when the operating system (win XP prof) starts booting, everything is perfect. Trouble occurs only in the time between power-on and the start of boot of OS. It is as follows:

Case 1: (40% of all power-on): Everything is fine. Booting start of OS starts within around about 5 seconds after power-on.

Case 2: (20% of all power-on): Some seconds after power-on, there is a blinking cursor at the top left corner of the screen. No input via keyboard is possible. After about 60 seconds the OS starts booting, and from this moment on, everything is fine.

Case 3 (20% of all power-on): Some seconds after power on there are the characters "5A" at the bottom right corner of the screen  After about 15 seconds the OS starts booting, and from this moment on, everything is fine.

Case 4: (20% of all power-on): Some seconds after power-on there are the characters "EB" at the bottom right corner of the screen. After about 30 seconds the OS starts booting, and from this moment on, everything is fine.

When I turn the power on I never know which case (1...4) I can expect to come.

Hardware Configutation is. Processor E6700 (2 X 2,67GHz), LG DVD ROM Drive GDR H30N, LG DVD R/W GSA H55N, S-ATA-FXD Seagate ST3160812AS, 4 X 1 GB RAM PC6400, Keyboard and Mouse via PS2. BIOS Version is 1729, but I also tried with 1719.

What I would like to get: Case 1 at each poser-on.

Each kind oh help is highly appreciated.

Please excuse me for my poor English. Best Regards from Germany

Teletubby

• 1. Re: Trouble after Power-On with Desktop Board DG965SS

Hello again!

I can proudly present the fact that the trouble is solved.

The reason was very simple: A bad IDE cable from motherboard to the optical drives. It was a 40-pin-cable with only 40 conductors which did probably not support a high data transfer.

Now I use a 40 pin cable with 80 conductors which supports the specification IDE 133, and everything is fine.

Thank You for Your interest and best regards!