5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2011 9:26 AM by Valentin_N RSS

CPU Temp Range i5 Mobile Processor

curt31 Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hello I just recently bought a new i5 laptop actually only days ago. After Googling the model I found that there are some overheating problems. So I would just like the know the normal operating temp range for let say surfing the web I'm not sure if mine is running to hot or if this is normal for a mobile processor. I know the maximum temperature is 105c but I just want to know the normal range and max under a load. Thanks looking forward to the support this is my first Intel and if all goes well I might become a convert.

Tom j.

• 1. Re: CPU Temp Range i5 Mobile Processor
    Adolfo_Intel Community Member

The maximum recommended temperature for a mobile processor is between 100 to 105 degrees Celsius, as long as the processor does not reach this temperature, everything will be fine.

In other words any temperature lower than 105 degrees Celsius is OK for the processor.

• 2. Re: CPU Temp Range i5 Mobile Processor
    curt31 Community Member

Hello thank you for your reply, still having problems with the computer NOT the processor which I love. I understand that as long as the temp stays below 105c that the CPU will not be damaged but what would the normal range be if you were say in a room 75F and with just a few web pages open certainly wouldn't expect a temperature of 100c so what would you thing a normal range would be in a properly functioning computer. Thanks

Tom

• 3. Re: CPU Temp Range i5 Mobile Processor
    Adolfo_Intel Community Member

Currently Intel does not have an average temperature for each processor, since the temperature can vary from system to system.

I can tell you only that as long as the processor does not reaches 105 degrees Celsius, it will be running under thermal specifications. My recommendation in this case is to install the latest BIOS version for your laptop system and any available update for your operating system and any running software.

• 4. Re: CPU Temp Range i5 Mobile Processor
    curt31 Community Member

I'm somewhat disappointed in Intel's response to my question.l I understand the maximum temperature operating range but I believe you know the normal temp range for example a laptop running at 104 I wouldn't assume would be normal. I might have to reassess my decision to buy further Intel products. I asked a similar question a while back to AMD which is what I used previously and received an answer.

Tom

• 5. Re: CPU Temp Range i5 Mobile Processor
    Valentin_N Community Member

I think you need to replace the thermal past. I suggest you got to a computer shop and ask them to do it for you since it might be difficult for you. Tell me if that helps

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points