Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

Interesting Issue With i7 2600k

idata
Employee

I recently got my system together with a gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 motherboard, 1200watt coolmax psu, 16gigs of gskill ddr3 1600mhz ram, and the i7 2600k. I was attempting some overclocking tests and eventually figured i would wait till i had more time so i just decided to run on stock settings. I reset the motherboard with optimized settings and all of a sudden the cpu started reading as 3.5ghz and wouldnt boot as 3.4 unless i disabled turbo mode, once i booted back into windows the system saw the processor running at 3.4ghz but the gigabyte utility listed the default speed at 3.5ghz. I was wondering if theres something that could have happened so the cpu is identified incorrectly. If i killed it ill get another one but i was curious i never went crazy in overclocking, never past 80c for more than a few seconds and never past 4.8ghz on the overclock which is tame from what ive read. Let me know id appreciate any tips or info.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

HIT the Back to BIOS Button to reset everything.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can you reiterate on that, what do you mean by back to bios im not familiar unless you mean a cmos reset which ive already done.

0 Kudos