This content has been marked as final. Show 0 replies
I have a Compaq Deskpro EN which has an onboard Intel PRO/100 network controller. I recently upgraded to Windows XP Professional and noticed that I could not connect to the internet or ping my gateway. I have done the following research to rule out issues:
- I updated with the latest PRO/100 driver with no change in behavior
- I am able to ping other machines on the LAN, and those machines can ping this new one
- I confirmed that ARP can see the gateway, which seems to make sense since DHCP did work
- I disabled all firewalls and checked router to make sure no permit/deny rules would single out this one machine for issues
- I attached another network adapter to this machine (Linksys Wired USB adapter) which works fine
This leads me to believe it is an issue with the PRO/100 driver on XP, perhaps compatibility with Deskpro board. I saw some reference specific to Windows 2000 and multicast registry settings, but it did not seem to apply to XP (nor could I find the same multicast keys to edit in registry).
Any ideas on what to try?