12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2011 5:41 PM by

DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1

DimaM

There is DH67CF, BIOS BLH6710H.86A.0105.2011.0301.1654, processor Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2300 CPU 2.80GHz, memory 4 Gb, HDD 80 Gb.
      In slot PCIe x16 the satellite TV card TBS 6921 (PCIe x1) doesn't see.

• 1. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
          Tommy_Krrigger

Hi,

I think you need to get answer for below questions first.

1. Is the PCIe X16 slot is working fine? ( You can use any other card to double check the functionality of PCIeX16 slot of the board)

2. Whether this PCIe X1 card is compatible to PCI e X16 slot of the board? (Technically PCIe X1 card should work on PCIe X16 slot, you can check with card vendor to get confirmation on the same)

Thanks,

Tommy

• 2. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
            DimaM

Hi!
            Thanks for participation, Tommy.

1. Yes, slot works correctly. A video card (PCIe x16) and I/O Controller Card (PCIe x1) remarkably work.

2. TBS 6921 perfectly works on others motherboard, both in PCIe x16 slots, and in PCIe x1 slots...

• 3. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
              fsofos

I beleive this is and "old" Problem plugging the mini-ITX boards. I have a DH57JG (Socket 1156) with the same problem. I strongly believe it is related not only with the board but with the Power supply of the case. I have my board within a in-Win BP655 case with a 200Watt TFX power sypply. I think the specific power supply has only 10A in the 12V+ rail which is not "enough" to drive the processor and motherboard correctly. I dont have any BSOD or other problems exept the PCi-e x1 problem. I haven't so far figured out what is exactly the culpit but i am close.

P.S: The Zotac mini-ITX H55 boards had this problem in the begining but it was solved with a BIOS update. Maybe this the case with the rest of us on Intel mini-ITX boards.

• 4. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
                DimaM

Thanks for the substantial answer. It is rather probable that the reason in BIOS. I changed the Power unit on POWER MAN 350W, without result.

• 5. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1

I have a DH67CF and I ma using a PCI-E x1 wireless card with it absolutely fine. I was surprised at how easy it was to set up to be honest!

Mark

• 6. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
                    DimaM

Hi, Mark!

I too have been unpleasantly surprised by such situation... The сard SHOULD work, I/O Controller Card (PCIe x1) confirms this rule. But... TBS6921 it do not agree with it.

• 7. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1

I have a similar problem. A Blackgold 3540 that works in another machine, isn't detected on the DH67CF (Doesn't show in the BIOS or Windows). I have tried another card (a USB controller) in the DH67CF and it works fine.

• 8. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
                        DimaM

Sincerely I sympathize. My problem isn't solved till now. Updating BIOS on version 01.10 hasn't helped. It is necessary to wait for a miracle...

• 9. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1

Same problem, but with ASRock H67M-ITX board and AverMedia Duet A188 PCI-E x1 TV Tuner card. It's so disappointing when you read all over the web that PCI-E x16 slots will autonegotiate and accept PCI-E x1 cards but then find out the hard way after you have bought all the components and tried to put them together.

My question is is this a limitation of the motherboards or Intel's chipset. Should I bother looking for a different H67 motherboard?

• 10. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
                            DimaM

Yes, I agree! It is very unpleasant, when you receive a problem suddenly. All assert that devices should work, and actually they don't work...
                            I can tell that my problem has left after installation of last version BIOS (0119).

Hence, the reason in concrete motherboards!

• 11. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1
                              DimaM

After updating BIOS to version 0119 the problem has left.

• 12. Re: DH67CF - problems with PCIe x1

I have the same problem with the Asrock board rushidesai, and I've read there are many other brands affected.

I agree, very frustrating.

Its good to see DimaM see the problem fixed, lets hope there are similar BIOS upgrades from all the other manufacturers soon.