5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2011 7:41 AM by Ron@Intel RSS

Angry Birds - Level progress lost following restart

misterMan Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Interesting problem with Angry Birds.  I've gone part way through the levels but when I restart windows and launch the app all the level progress has been lost and window size default has been reset to full screen just as if I had just installed it fresh.

To fix it, I have to reinstall Intel AppUp over the top of the existing installation, go to "My Apps" and redownload the app.  After that, when I run Angry Birds all my levels are restored.

What could be causing this?

Operating System is Windows 7 32bit running on my work domain (I have to approve the installation through the domain administrator account).  I do not have this problem on my personal PC at home that is running Windows 7 64bit.

Cheers,

Sam

• 1. Re: Angry Birds - Level progress lost following restart
    hlgoodex Community Member

Hello,

I agree that this is interesting.  It appears that you may be losing (on reboot) access/rights to files/folders that contain the level information.  You may want to try logging in to your work system and running as admin or a user that has admin rights. 

Also, you might want to contact the app developer.  For Angry Birds, you can contact the Rovio* support team directly by sending an email to support@rovio.com.

Regards
    Hal G.
    Technical Support Team
    Intel AppUp(SM) Developer Program
    Intel AppUp(SM) center

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

• 2. Re: Angry Birds - Level progress lost following restart
    swhall Community Member

I have this problem also.  Mine is installed Win7 64 bit environment.  I tried to reinstall AppUp and Angry Birds but it did not bring back the level history, it seems I have to start over   Did you find anything from the vendor?

• 3. Re: Angry Birds - Level progress lost following restart

Hi,

I ended up starting over.  Interestingly it remembers the new progress I am making.  Now I just need to work out how to back up my progress.

Try starting again (not as bad as it sounds ) and see if it works the same for you.

Sam

• 4. Re: Angry Birds - Level progress lost following restart
    yielcute26 Community Member

hello everyone,

i installed angry birds rio a few days go and i happen to have the same scenario.   everytime i restart my pc and launch angry birds, i dont get to see all the levels i finished playing.  i am on windows 7 starter version.  i dont have the intel appup either so what must be wrong?

i saw you posted the below email a few months ago. i have the same scnerio but i dont have intel appup.  can u help me fix this?

please help me! thanks
  • 5. Re: Angry Birds - Level progress lost following restart
    Ron@Intel Community Member

Hello,

Please note that the Angry Birds* app is not written or developed by Intel. This app is developed by Rovio* (http://www.rovio.com/). Intel does not have access to the software code for apps and cannot make changes to the app, fix problems with the app, or enhance the app. If the app is not running or you would like to troubleshoot an app issue, please contact the app company. For Angry Birds*, you can contact the Rovio* support team by sending an email to support@rovio.com

Intel provides the Intel AppUp(SM) center for customers to download apps to run on their netbooks or PCs, and for companies to sell or distribute their apps such as Rovio* does with Angry Birds*.

Regards,

Ronald M.

Intel AppUp(SM) center Support

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points