2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 12:57 AM by

Trouble with Intel Desktop Board DH55HC

Sue

Hi to all,

I have trouble with my DH55HC Motherboard and a I3 prossessor, after starting up my monitor goes black ,the pc runs but no picture. It seems that I have some display problems.No matter if I use a Pci Graphic card or the onboard vga it always goes black. I just sent this board to the vendor for claim but after they sent it back to me the problem is still there. I tried everything possible changing the power unit, Monitor, Vga cables, memory, name it I did it all. I reinstalled the OS Windows 7 Ultimate I even tried XP but my screen went black. Can Anyone help me?

• 1. Re: Trouble with Intel Desktop Board DH55HC
          McCane

Hello Suthisa,

As per my understanding you are getting display while installing OS and booting, however, display disappears only while getting in to Desktop.

I suspect the resolution is the reason behind the issue. Your monitor is not supporting the resolution supported by your latest board and graphics card.

I suggest to try and perform the below mentioned steps:

1. Boot the system in safe mode and check whether you are able to work or not ?

( How to log in safe mode-  Press F8 while booting , select safe mode ... )

2. Check with different monitor, preferably any latest monitor which can support higher resolution.

Regards,

Bobby

• 2. Re: Trouble with Intel Desktop Board DH55HC

Dear Bobby,

Thank you very much for your advice. It really was the settings of the monitor. Now everything is running perfect. Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Sue