6 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2011 12:35 PM by CarWiz

DH67BL sound problem

harishu

hi

the sound for front speakers (green) gives out a hissing\crackling sound.

the rear and senter/sub sounds are good.

what could be the problem? please help.

thanks

• 1. Re: DH67BL sound problem
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

To determine the culprit, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Ensure the front panel header is properly wired; for this, please, refer to the following URL:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-015851.htm

2. If the Front Panel Audio is set up right, I'd suggest doing the tests out of the case, on a non-conductive surface.

• 2. Re: DH67BL sound problem
            harishu

hi

thanks for replying.

i think i was not clear with my problem. i have not connected anything to the front panel sound pins on the motherboard.

my reference is to the back panel connections on the MB.

the green port at the back give out this bad sound when i use headphones or speakers.

but the other two (black and yellow) ports seems to be ok.

my test were done using the latest realtek audio manager from the Intel site.

i have disabled front panel audio in the bios. its the same if its enabled.

soundports.PNG

• 3. Re: DH67BL sound problem
              Salem_Intel

Hi,

If you've done the tests out of the case, on a non-conductive  surface, at no avail, either, then, I'd suggest trying with the most  current BIOS version (click here).

Note: Once the update is done, please, restart the system into BIOS and proceed as follows:

Press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

• 4. Re: DH67BL sound problem

Hi, I have same issue with new MB DP67DE B3rev. I installed W7 64b Proffesional, upgraded BIOS and drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com/ and I still get continuing noisy sound when is not nothing played or not, does not matter. I have plugged 2.1 repro in backpanel green jack. I build PCs for severl years, I am not stupid, I know how install drivers, set up BIOS and conect speakers . And PC is aluminium Lian Li . I hope it exists some workround. Sound through HDMI on GTX460 768MB wokrs nicely and clear, but I need anlog audio too.

(big sorry for my english (no)skills )

• 5. Re: DH67BL sound problem
                  Salem_Intel

Hi,

If you've followed the previous suggestions at no avail, I'd recommend contacting us via either chat, email or phone.  Make sure you have your system handy as you do that.

• 6. Re: DH67BL sound problem
                    CarWiz

You might also want to verify the pin configuration of your case leads from the front panel. Not all manufactures follow IFP (Intel Front Panel) standard. The pin-out reference should be documented in your case manual. Compare it against your board documentation.

• 7. pkwaaENTwFMbFAk
                      Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.

ld2cgb  udkibfxsdoac

• 8. vRPiCVwJdx
                        Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.
                        • 9. fHCvOCEPYLlekLmy