10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2011 5:46 PM by AENSLAED

AGP interface on Intel D865Motherboard

AENSLAED

Hello all, this is my first time on the Intel Forums.

I'm having problems with a graphics card that i got. Its a XFX Radeon HD 4650 AGP 8X.

I'm trying to run it on an Intel D865PERL with intel pentium 4 3.0 ghz and 2 gb of RAM

I have tried to install my graphics card in many ways, but without success. The performance of it on the benchmarks is awful

(no more than 8 fps on Mark3D), and I want to rule out possible issues caused by the motherboard.

In the BIOS settings of the D865PERL you can only select the AGP aperture (from 4gb to 256 gb) and the mode, either AGP or PCI.

There is no way on the BIOS to select the AGP interface, either 4X or 8X, and I don't know if that is affecting the performance of the graphics card.

Believe me, I have tried many combinations of settings and different driver configurations, and nothing seems to work for me with that GPU.

Is there a way to manipulate the AGP interface (2x, 4x or 8x) of the motherboard? Or is even the AGP port compatible with such graphics card I'm trying to use?

I have also an Nvidia GeForce 7600 graphics card and works flawlessly on my motherboard, giving way better performance than the maximum of 8 fps of the Radeon HD 4650.

Please help me people, and be so kind not to tell me to buy a new machine, that's not the answer I'm looking for...