2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2011 12:00 PM by Devinder

DP45SG hibernate supported?

Devinder

I'm trying to use hibernate on my (new/old) computer I just got. It has a DP45SG motherboard but I can't find hibernate anywhere (and I use it ALL THE TIME with my laptop and previous computer). I already enabled hibernate (powercfg -h on) but that didn't do it. I also tried powercfg -a and that gave me this result:

The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hibernate Hybrid Sleep
      The following sleep states are not available on this system:
      Standby (S1)
      The system firmware does not support this standby state.
      Standby (S2)

What does this mean? Does it support hibernate (and where can I 'activate' it) or doesn't it and do I have to throw out this very disappointing Intel motherboard?

Specs: Intel DP45SG - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 - 4GB RAM - Windows 7 x64 SP1

PS: I already did a BIOS update but I didn't change anything in the BIOS settings yet.

Hope you guys can help me with this one. I'm really having trouble believing this isn't available on the motherboard and I can't live without it

I'm trying to use hibernate on my (new/old) computer I just got. It has a DP45SG motherboard but I can't find hibernate anywhere (and I use it ALL THE TIME with my laptop and previous computer). I already enabled hibernate (powercfg -h on) but that didn't do it. I also tried powercfg -a and that gave me this result:

The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby ( S3 ) Hibernate Hybrid Sleep
      The following sleep states are not available on this system:
      Standby (S1)
      Standby (S2)

What does this mean? Does it support hibernate (and where can I 'activate' it) or doesn't it and do I have to throw out this very disappointing Intel motherboard?

PS: I already did a BIOS update but I didn't change anything in the BIOS settings yet.

Hope you guys can help me with this one. I'm really having trouble believing this isn't available on the motherboard and I can't live without it

• 1. Re: DP45SG hibernate supported?
          spearson

The report is saying you have hibernate as an available option. What happens when you click on Start and then the little right-arrow beside (to the right of) the Shutdown button? You should see Hibernate as a choice in the menu produced. If you click on this choice, does the system not go into hibernate?

• 2. Re: DP45SG hibernate supported?
            Devinder

Hibernate isn't availble in the start menu, also in the shutdown dialog box (when pressing the start bar -> ALT + F4) hibernate isn't listed. The file hiberfil.sys does exists.

But now the 'solution'... I downloaded PsShutdown (http://technet.microsoft.com/nl-be/sysinternals/bb897541.aspx) and forced a hibernate with the command line and that worked (good hibernate and good restore). Now I really wonder why isn't the option available in my shut down menu?

Seems like I have to move my topic from the Intel forums to MS forums