6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2011 8:03 AM by

DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3

Whiten

Hi there,

I don't know if this is a known issue or not but with my boot drive plugged into the SATA 3 ports on the motherboard (which I'm using because of the chipset problem) there are no beeps at all from the board. Not even the usual single start up beep at POST. If there is ever an issue and I need to hear the error codes then I obviously won't be able to hear them.

Just thought this should be brought up so it can be fixed in a later BIOS.

• 1. Re: DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3
          Parabellum

Confirming - no single beep on Intel DP67BG, BIOS 1900, Sata 6Gb/s RAID 0.

• 2. Re: DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3
            parsec

Is there a Quick Boot, or similar option in the BIOS that can be disabled, which might provide the beep, or allow you to see errors in the POST messages, if they occur?  A possible work-around.

• 3. Re: DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3

In the 0098 BIOS there was no quick boot feature and it would not make any beeps regardless. I have just updated to the latest 0102 BIOS and there are still no beeps whether quick boot is enabled or not. Also, enabling or disabling UEFI boot has no effect.

BTW this is the original poster, I forgot my username and couldn't find a way to have it sent to my email. Doh!

• 4. Re: DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3
                parsec

According to the Technical Specifications document for your mother board, a BIOS feature called Hyperboot is available in the BIOS.  Is that enabled?

So you did update to the newer BIOS, you didn't mention that earlier.  I've noticed in other threads in the forum that the standard POST single beep has been removed in the BIOS updates for other Intel mother boards.  That may be the case with your board and BIOS.  An ASUS mother board I have also does not have a single beep when POST completes, this may be a new trend, and it would be nice if it was documented.

• 5. Re: DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3

With the original stock BIOS, there was no Hyperboot. BIOS would beep only if the drives were plugged into the SATA 2 ports.

New BIOS SATA 2: No beep whether Hyperboot is enabled or disabled. SATA 3: No beep whether Hyperboot is enabled or disabled.

So it looks like they have removed the beep from the newer BIOS like you say.

• 6. Re: DH67CF no BIOS beep codes with drives plugged into SATA 3
                    parsec

Well, the removal of the single beep POST-Ok thing is something I found by chance and I was unaware of that.  On my ASUS board, I have quick boot enabled, so I thought that may be why I never get the single beep during a boot.  My Intel socket 775 mother board, which has had many BIOS updates, and I use the latest one, still gives a loud and clear single beep during boot.

Should we assume that the error beep codes won't occur on your boards?  I really don't know.  I started looking for release notes and read me for your BIOS updates, but never finished, so that might be mentioned in those.  We should do some research on this and see what the story is here, as I really don't know what the situation is.