Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

What is IPROSetMonitor.exe?

DGlan
New Contributor I

What is IPROSetMonitor.exe? I just tried to update the drivers for my Intel Q35 chipset, it seemed to go successfully (although the drivers seem to be the same -- 8.3.0.1011 from 2007), but, on reboot, IPROSetMonitor.exe is now running as a new process. What is IPROSetMonitor.exe? Google turns up nothing useful.

WinXPPro SP3 on a Dell Optiplex 755 with 4GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz

Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset PCI Express

Thanks.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DGlan
New Contributor I

Bump. I feel so lonely ...

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

I hate for anyone to feel all alone in the world!

IPROSetMonitor.exe is one of the network applications, but I afraid I don't know its specific purpose (hence why I have not put my 2 cents worth in before)

(Maybe SMNP monitoring?)

DGlan
New Contributor I

Thanks, Doc. But does anyone here know what it does? Is it beneficial to run, or just a waste of watts?

0 Kudos
DGlan
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
DGlan
New Contributor I

Bump again. Since Intel is not willing to describe what this function does, I have turned it off in my startup list - no issues noticed.

0 Kudos
DGlan
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
DGlan
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
DKnow2
Valued Contributor I

I suspect it is an interface for the remote connection and might only run when that is used.

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

If the question were asked in the /community/wired?view=discussions&start=0 Wired Ethernet forum, Mark H @ Intel would likley have more of an answer. (I don't think he browses much outside his speciality forum)

I believe it handle load balacing, teaming and other advance NIC functions.

"The Intel(R) PROSet Monitoring Service actively monitors changes to the system and updates affected network devices to keep them running in optimal condition. Stopping this service may negatively affect the performance of the network devices on the system."

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

An interesting question, since I can't find anything about it either. I have a few questions that might help us figure it out.

Where did you get the driver update file from, Dell or Intel? Was it one driver update file, or multiple files?

Do you know what network chip/interface your mother board uses? You can check that with the Device Manager, and the Network adaptor entry.

Basically, PROset is Intel's software for administering their network interface chips and cards. I recently added an Intel network card to a PC and installed their PROSet driver. That is on a Windows 7 64bit PC, and I can tell you that I do not find an IPROSetMonitor process running. Perhaps that is something that runs on XP systems? I access the PROSet software from the device manager, either double clicking the network adaptor entry, or right clicking and then clicking properties. If you have an Intel network interface on your mother board, try that to see if it starts.

Some manufactures have processes that run simply to check for updates to their equipment, which is potentially all that this process is, but that is just a guess. If you are still interested in this, post answers to my questions and maybe we can figure it out.

0 Kudos