Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

An error occurred while attempting to turn on share my internet

idata
Employee

This message shows up when i try to share the connection. I've correctly installed all the drivers n' software, ran a ping test over "virtual wifi adapter", change from manual to auto ip/gateway/dns settings with no good results.

I could share my connection until today, have no idea what happened.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

This message shows up when i try to share the connection. I've correctly installed all the drivers n' software, ran a ping test over "virtual wifi adapter", change from manual to auto ip/gateway/dns settings with no good results.

I could share my connection until today, have no idea what happened.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem with a Intel N-6300 that I just purchased on eBay.

Did you ever resolve?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

solved. it was a driver misconfiguration, try to make a fresh installation by deleting all the unused drivers, or re-install win (my choice, 'cause at that point my system was a complete mess).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i disabled windows firewall and that worked for me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

do this:

1.> Click the "network" button on the taskbar, and open Network and Sharing centre.

2.> Click "change adapter settings" on the left hand side and then right click your Network connection ( internet provider one).

3.> Under the "Sharing" tab, select "allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection" and then select the connection with microsoft virtual miniport Adapter.

your internet will be automatically shared.

0 Kudos