4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2011 3:14 PM by

I am looking for the recovery bios file for D845GVSR

garters

I am looking for the recovery bios file for D845 GVSR board and have been around in circles. Can someone send me a link to the file thanks?

• 1. Re: I am looking for the recovery bios file for D845GVSR
          bineeshjose

This model will support only I flash BIOS update and express BIOS update..

I flash BIOS update file : *.IB.exe

Express BIOS file: *.EB.exe

However in the product specification its mentioned that it will support BIOS recovery..

"To create a BIOS recovery diskette, a bootable diskette must be created and the BIOS update files need to add to the same."

You can download and IB.EXE file from below link.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&dwnldid=8593

Once it is downloaded you can extract IB.EXE file from DOS prompt.

Once the IB.EXE is extracted you will get the files.. SW.EXE, DISKIMG.EXE, RUN.BAT, LICENSE.TXT, DESC.TXT...

This extracted file you can copy paste to one floppy which made as bootable from windows.

Then remove the BIOS jumper..

And start the machine..

I haven't tried this... this I read from documents...

All the best...

For more information refer page no 73 of below document..

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15210/eng/D845GVSR_TechProdSpec.pdf

Thanks,

Jose

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I am looking for the recovery bios file for D845GVSR
            garters

Thankyou. That is helpful and page 73 is quite clear, but where I get confused is this ... Within the zip file is a pdf which explains the process of BIOS recovery and I quote

" .....  Note: The floppy disk does NOT need to be bootable, however it must be formatted.

still quoting

1     Copy the recovery file (*.BIO) to a formatted flopppy diskette.

2     Place the diskette in the floppy drive of the target system ...." etc

Firstly, I am not sure how it can boot if the floppy is NOT bootable

Secondly, those extractable EXE files contained within the ZIP I downloaded from your link, have no BIO file in them.

As you said, these files contain  .. SW.EXE, DISKIMG.EXE, RUN.BAT, LICENSE.TXT, DESC.TXT...

So why does Intel release conflicting information? And where is this BIO file? 

Thanks, Wayne

• 3. Re: I am looking for the recovery bios file for D845GVSR

The file SW.EXE is the file you want. Open it and it will open a command window and ask if you want to extract the files, chose Y. For example if you used P18 you will see P18-0050.BI1, P18-0050.BI2 etc.. one will be P18-0050.BIO which is the one you need. The readme.txt shows how to format a floppy and use the iflash utility but if you want to try recovery mode that will give you the BIO file to copy.  I have only done this on newer boards with a usb becasue the BIO was to large for a floppy.

• 4. Re: I am looking for the recovery bios file for D845GVSR

I am sorry I used a CD not a usb, recovery will only read from a cd drive or floppy, it only has  to be formatted not bootable recovery will  look to the floppy or cd drive for the BIO file.