1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2011 4:39 AM by Kreislsepp

ICH10R RAID 5 "failed"

Kreislsepp

I desperately need help with getting my data back. I had a RAID 5 running with 3 hdds (including Windows 7 system disc) on a Asus P5Q Pro, that's a Intel P45 chipset with ICH10R.

What happend ...

... is that one drive was reported "missing" and the raid got into "degraded" state but a few moments later my system crashed. After reboot, it was reported as "failed" and "not bootable". I think the mainboard is broken.

Status quo

-Windows 7 is now running on another hdd.

-I checked the drives and they are all fine, no SMART-Errors etc. Only two of the member discs are left, I deleted the data on the disc that was reported "missing" in the firstplace.

-I got a fourth drive of the same type. Its possible to mark it as a spare-drive, but of course without any usefull effect.

What I need to know is ...

-I read that it is possible to reset the raid to normal state - but I can't figure out, how. There's no option for this.

-I just need to copy the remaining intact data to another drive so I would be already happy if I get the two remainig drives to work as "degraded".

ps - I'm German, but of course all spelling mistakes and wrong terms are intentional