1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 7:33 AM by

DG43RK with memory error

neil99

I am in the process of putting together a computer which has a DG43RK motherboard.  I have installed 2-4GB Geil Value Plus DDR3 DIMMS in every configuration possible (including installing each one as a single channel configuration) and every time I get three beeps and no post.  From my research online it looks like this memory is non-ecc although it doesn't actually state that on the memory packaging or the sellers description.  I have no idea if the memory is SPD, but from Intel's literature it looks like I should reach the post if the memory is non-SPD.  Is 4GB per stick too much memory for this board?  Is this memory incompatible for some other reason?  I saw a previous post which involved bent pins on the processor causing memory errors.  I have removed the processor and looked at it in a mirror.  It doesn't appear that any of the pins are bent.

• 1. Re: DG43RK with memory error

It looks like the board shipped with the original firmware, and a more recent firmware allows 2Gb (lowercase as in bit) memory.  I'm not sure what that means.  Each of my memory sticks are 4 GB (uppercase as in Byte).  Will updating the firmware fix my problem?