1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 12:08 PM by DuckieHo

Problem with blue screen using x-25m 80gb. Hardware or disk trouble?

oskarkarlsson

Hi!

I started having problems in windows 7, every time I tried to start a program I got a Blue screen.

error code:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFA8004D2DC70, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000011811ADF3)

This problem doesnt happen when I use my other HDDs. I tried to make a system restore to an old installation, but i got the same result. the same bluescreen.

I made a new installation on the ssd. it worked. but then I tried to restore an installation (a couple of month old installation that I know for sure that it works) and i got the same bluescreen.

I've done a full scan with the intel ssd toolbox and couldnt find any error.

I've successfully updated the firmware of the disc with no change in the bluescreen.

My questions are:

Can it be a hardware problem with the ssd, that a memory point is broken, but when i do a new install it doesnt use that memory point just yet because it has a lot of free space on the disk?

Or is it software? ( I find it hard to belive because a system restore cleans the disc and then restored it to a working installation)

Any way I can find out whats the problem?

Do I dare to make a new installation and hope that i dont get the trouble again?

Warrenty?