1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2011 1:09 PM by mark_h_@intel

Intel Update process suggests Windows 7 driver for my Vista 32 PC

properjob70

For my Vista 32 PC the auto detect on the Intel website suggests I have a newer driver available for my wired network (see below). I believe 6.241.623.2010 is the latest driver for my Vista installation and 7.027.0920.2010 is infact for Windows 7. In any event the laptop was intelligent enough to reject the suggested newer driver as unsuitable. Any reason this should be happening?

Intel® Driver Update Utility

Automatically identify and find drivers

The Intel® Driver Update Utility keeps your system up-to-date. It  detects which driver updates are relevant to your computer, and then  helps you install them quickly and easily.

Are you looking for driver updates for a computer with an Intel Inside® Logo?
      Are you having trouble running the Intel® Driver Update Utility?

Expand All
      Collapse All
      Product DetectedATI Mobility Radeon X1700
      Current Driver Installed8.33.0.0
      This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
      Product DetectedRealtek High Definition Audio
      Current Driver Installed
      This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>
      Product Detectedhttp://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/pro3945abg
      Current Driver Installed13.4.0.139
      Your driver is current.
      Wired Networking (Newer Driver Available)
      Product Detected Intel(R) Desktop Board D410PT: Realtek* RTL8103EL Ethernet
      Current Driver Installed6.241.623.2010
      Newer Driver Available:7.027.0920.2010
      Download Now
      File Size:5.622 MB
      Download Time:Time @56Kbps:13.34min
      Driver Description & Driver Documentation