i am on Win 7 pro 64bits.
it looks a me a lot like the first trim firmware problem.
the other chanCE conflict problem (and they report 8MB or 480 TBwhich is both very weird but very similr to mine) i saw are around the same time (july 2009, althought the firmware problem seems to be found in october 2009).
obviously, i do not speak either Korean or Japanese, so i cannot tell much what happened...
if somebodycan translate the link, that would be helpfUl too ;
is there a way to downgrade the firmware to test with a older one?
well sorry for answering myself, but as I am digging, i discover information...
actually, this problem seems to be more relevant to mine, as it is said to appear in the same time frame as the japanese/korean message i saw (july 2009).
(disk blocked when password set and changed);
Notice however that i never did or intended to set a password on the SSD, but i believe the state of my SSd is the same as what they use to be with this bug.
For information, my board is a asus P5WDH delux (i975X).
luckily, it seems intel worked out a fix, so i guess I could be beta tester for this one .
Well, out of many G2 SSD owners that have done the firmware update, including myself, you are the first one that is reporting any problems, on this forum anyway. My G2 SSD has been working fine for several days now, although I did not have a password set on my SSD. The password problem is an older one and as you mention the fix was found a while ago. Although this latest firmware update does not seem to fix that problem (it was never stated in the release notes that it would be) your problem is likely not related to the latest firmware. Of course we'll have to wait and see if more problems like yours turn up. Good luck with your SSD.
well, thanks for the answer,but it is not very helping
I know i am the first one reporting an issue, and i do not know if it is related to the firmware, of course.
the fact is i have my SSD for 2 days, i updated 2 days ago, and i have a problem. May be if i didnt update i would have had the same problem, i cannot know cause it was not tested for a long time...
Now, i restarted a lot my computer lately as i was installing many things, and the firmware is still very young, so it might be related (number of restart wise, I may have done more than any other :))...
At last, i relate my problem to others (the one of the password, altough i never set any password) because it seems to produce the same consequences: serial conflict chanCE and the same nonsense capacity reported).
I wish intel people can help me on this weird chanCe conflict, what it means etc... and i wish nobody has the same problem, all the more if the SSD is their system disk
Assuming you are not worried about losing any data on your SSD try a secure erase.
If the drive does not appear correctly after being erased, or if you are unable to run the erase I would RMA the drive.
I tried a secure erase already with intel ssd toolbox.
first, it said that the drive is SATA protected, but it suffixes to powercycle the drive while the toolbox s runing. I did.
Then i could press the button.... and wait 5 mintues to see a wonderful "fail".
Clearly, the SSD is in a "protetected mode" (hence the weird serial number: chanCE conflict).
Before RMAing the drive, i will wait someone official telling me what chanCE means...do u know if anyone from intel ever comes to the forum?
The drive reports 8 MB or 0 GB of capacity.
I dont know how any general purpose tool can go over that;
It wants to write 0s or 1s on the drive, so what?the drive reports a bulshit capacity, the tool wont be able to do anything;
I had a little hope with intel SSD toolbox as it might overpass what the generic info disk report, but no it doesnt.
I need something to "unlock" my SSD (most probably a firmware).
That is only intel can help me, and maybe those who had their disk in a similar state for whatever reason - and I found at least 2 similar cases.
Does any one know how to "set a password" on the SSD? may be i can try to see what happens (setting and unsetting or something).
Also, does anyone know how to downgrade (as i have the most recent firmware) the firmware? that would be useful...
HDD erase 3.3 hang in the same way as intel ssd toolbox when trying to erase the SSD.
it seems that the ChanCE conflict is just what my M/B reports, as I finally found many others having the same 8MB issue, but with other serial number (no CTX etc), on thi sboard, anandtech, hardopc forum etc.
I will try the hdat2 program later, but without much hope
monday, i ll return the disk to the shop, hoping they can do an exchange on the case that a disk dying within 1 week is not normal, and else, i ll contact intel for an exchange. some guy in portugal claimed he got a new one within a week, so i ll hope i ll get it soon, and hope it wont happen again...
in any case, some disk failed right at the installation, some other after 2 days, or 1 year...
it is a bit scary though...