Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

what happens when there are 2 graphic cards in 1 laptop?

idata
Employee

hi, i habe a problem with my notebook.

I've just bought a new asus laptop 2 days ago. it's a asus N43j intel corei5-480m with a inbuilt intel (R) hd graphics & a Nvidia Geforce GT 425M.

i can't enable the 3D vision(Nvidia), a pop up appears saying that my primary display's adapter does not support 3d vision. i can't even play the files on the nvidia program as the same message appears.

i have even enabled the box on the nvidia graphic panel(currently on the option of using the nvidia global settings) but still to no avail. i think this is because my primary graphic card is still the intel hd inbuilt card.

how do i toggle in between graphic cards when i am playing games? my bios does not have an option to toggle in between them.

i would be extremely grateful if u can help me out of this predictment. thank you.

1 Reply
idata
Employee

I am facing the same issue with my Dell xps 15. I have just bought this, it has nvidia gefforce GT 525m 1GB card with an inbuilt intel hd graphics card.

I am not able to open .jps with nvidia 3D vision photo viewer, it is erroring out saying 'primary display adapter doesn't support 3D vision'.

Can anyone please help us...

0 Kudos