Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

2500k Stuck on VGA, Sound but no Video over HDMI

idata
Employee

Hi All,

Just put together a new build and everything is working great, however, I cannot get the display to switch over to HDMI. It will output sound over hdmi just fine, but no picture. Any Ideas would be great. Here is what I'm running:

Asus P8H67-M EVO mobo

Intel 2500k

8 GB Mushkin Siverline Ram (2*4GB)

64 GB Kingston SSDNow SSD

2 * 1TB HDD

2 * 2 TB HDD

LG Bluray 10x Reader/DVD Writer 16X w/Lightscribe

Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply

NMedia 8000 Case

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1

Any help is much appreciated. While it's not life threatening or anything, it is extremely annoying.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Just curious. Does your display have hdmi and is it set to display in hdmi mode?

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

With the model monitor you are using ?? does it use HDMI at both ends or DVI to HDMI. ??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes it has HDMI and I'm using a straight HDMI to HDMI cable. I'm using an LG 47" TV as my monitor.

I have it working now though. The dual monitor option in the bios somehow turned itself off. I enable it, but even then it was not working.

The only way that I could get itk working was to set the hdmi output to my primary display and the VGA output to secondary and then I had to clone the display. I haven't had a chance yet to test to see if it will work with just the HDMI cable, but will be doing that todya.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Had to do something simlar on my 40" Apex , but whats weird is if I play a dvd I have to use HDMI 2 and watch fios tv use HDMI 1. But it works and the 5.1 sound from the FIOS is increadable, it shakes the walls.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's definitely not an issue with my display as I can plug my laptop in and run a single display with no issues. My laptop has a ATI 5850 gpu.

This is most definitely an Intel/Asus issue. After hearing about the issues Intel is having with these chips on these motherboards, it's making me wonder what's next.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Shortly after posting this, I turned my computer on expecting that I had found the solution to my problem, however I was sadly mistaken.

This time it would not even recognize the hdmi output. I had to reinstall the drivers just to get it to work. It is now working again, but only god knows for how long this time.

Intel really needs to get a solution for this.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

I know this is prob. a stupid question , But do you have the latest BIOS on your ASUS Board.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Have you checked with LG to see if they have a firmware up date??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I appreciate your replies, however this is NOT an issue with my LG TV. This is an Intel/Asus issue. Yes I have the latest bios.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've had enough of the IGPU issues and the Intel recall and returned this setup for an AMD one. Congrats Intel, you just lost a life-long user.

0 Kudos