We have a single S5520SC board that we've just built into a system running Windows Server 2008 R2.
The system freezes around every ~2s for ~0.5s and then continues. The entire system appears to be affected by the freeze (screen, keyboard, mouse, network traffic), disk. We'd like to understand why.
- The machine is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition and is fully patched.
- The machine has the latest Intel firmware downloaded from the Intel web site.
- The freezing appears when running Windows, but does not seem to be manifest when running Linux from the bootable CD included in the pack. We need this machine to run Windows.
- The fans are running, but show no signs of heat being an issue (they are running slowly and silently).
- The cooling pane in the Intel ASC diagnostic report says "no sensors found".
- The dual process motherboard is in an Intel UP chassis. The system has a Corsair PSU as the existing PSU did not have the requisite connectors and we were unable to source the appropriate Intel part in the UK.
- Naive attempts to fix the problem have included re-seating the CPU with fresh thermal paste, changing the installed memory from RDIMMs to UDIMMs, moving the GPU between PCIe x16 slots.
The sysinfo logs are attached below. We'd appreciate any pointers on resolving this issue.
Miscellaneous issues that would improve the OOBE for this board:
1) In the OS event logs you'll see faults from backend.exe. This is an Intel application run by sysinfo. Uninstalling and re-installing sysinfo appeared to fix this, but it'd be good if the application produced a diagnostic message rather than faulting repeatedly during a single run of sysinfo.
2) The sysinfo utility prints a disclaimer stating that says "The file contain NO personal information", but the report includes the execution path and in the typical case this will include the user's alias. This user is 100% identifiable on the Internet by user name (replaced in attached files).
3) The issue report form on the accompanying "Intel Deployment CD" has no directions for where to submit the form.
|Power Supply||Corsair AX750 Modular PSU|
|Disk Controller Mode||AHCI|
|Additional cards||ATI Radeon 3650|
|PROCESSOR||Single X5650 @ default 2.67GHz|