Some help please!
My s5000psl beeps 3 time during boot. Looking at the manual this relates to a memory issue. The system has 2 1gb dimms.
1. removed both dimms and booted again. still 3 beeps.
2. inserted a single dimm into the first slot and booted again still three beeps.
3. inserted the other single dimm still 3 beeps.
4. purchased some more memory pn. kvr667d2d8f5/2g still 3 beeps
The video never displays anything during the above.
5. reset cmos, removed power, moved jumper to reset. Left it 5 minutes put jumper back and booted again, still 3 beeps.
The diagnostic lights show msb red, bit 2 red bit 3 amber which i believe means:initial memory found and installed correctly.
one other thing i have noticed is that in the bottom right hand corner of the motherboard,ny the ide connector, there is a light flashing on and off. I cannot find a reference to this led in the manual.
Any ideas or is it toasted!