3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2011 3:36 PM by

bios on a D945GPM, HELP!

DEADWOOD

I recently purchased a D945GPM motherboard. I am trying to install XP Pro. I cant get the third party driver to install. Ive used the onboard FDD, USB FDD and a flash drive. It wont load. My question is, what should the settings be in the bios in order to load the ICH7-DH RAID driver. Also im using a 32 bit O.S., not a 64 bit but that shouldnt matter, should it? Thank you for any help on this, my hair is getting grayer by the minute! Dana

• 1. Re: bios on a D945GPM, HELP!

Hi there:

I have a similar problem.

Instead of RAID, I an using a single WD320AAKS hd. and want to install XP Pro (32-bit). In the BIOS I have chosen to run SATA in RAID and IDE modes (in separate occasions). In either case, XP cannot find a hd even though the BIOS does. Windows 7, however, seems to install fine.

• 2. Re: bios on a D945GPM, HELP!
            Flying_Kiwi

Brad Ruggles wrote:

In either case, XP cannot find a hd even though the BIOS does. Windows 7, however, seems to install fine.

That'll be because Win 7 comes with the RAID drivers natively supported, whereas you have to load them manually if you're using XP. I don't have this model of board but a newer one and I had to do the same when I tried installing XP when I first got the PC up and running. As well as selecting RAID in the BIOS, there is also a need to then reboot and go into the RAID config utility and create an array (CTRL + I get's me into that section for my board but the manual - which you can download from Intels website, should explain the process fully). Once you've created the RAID Array, then you can begin to load XP (making sure you use the option to select load RAID drivers during the early stages of OS instal and have the floppy disk ready).

• 3. Re: bios on a D945GPM, HELP!

Thank you.