I am trying to get beyond loading RAID drivers during a new installation of Small Business Server 2003 R2.
* The motherboard in question is S3200SH; this system is entirely viable because it has been in service
for 3 years with the same OS but a RAID5 setup , although it’s had performance/speed issues.
* An embedded RAID1 mirror array is configured (ICH9R SATA) in the BIOS , seen by the MB.
* After starting the OS install, I do the “F6 key and install third party drivers from floppy “ thing,
MegaSR.sys is loaded.
* Proceeding with Windows Setup, files are loaded, “Starting Windows” message appears lower left and . . . . .
* Bluescreen - STOP: 0x0000007B ( 0xF789EA94, 0x00000034, 0x0, 0x0 )
* Googling the error yields little to nothing.
Thoughts? Direction? Solution?
Which onboard RAID are you using, Matrix Storage (Ctrl-I) or ESRT2 (Ctrl-E)? Make sure you load the correct RAID driver.
This little tool can help you to determine which driver you need.