6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 5:39 PM by tedk

Power usage displayed on performance widget.

zaliwskia

Hi,

On Performance widget of SccGui program is displayed current power usage of SCC cores. This information may be very usable for me:

Value displayed as power usage of SCC cores on Performance Widget:

- How the value is measured?

- How often?

- What is the sensitivity and precision?

- How to access the value directly?

All the Best.

Andrew Zaliwski

• 1. Re: Power usage displayed on performance widget.
          tedk

That performance widget is sccPerf. Look inside sccExtApi.cpp. There's a PERF_POLL_INTERVALL defined as 1000. This is an arg to the start method of QTimer which is in ms. So it looks as if the default is about a second.

How are you planning to use this widget?  I don't see a command line interface for it. Note that it is a BMC command. This must be issued from the MCPC. It's not intended to be run from the cores themselves. But the power is calculated from the BMC status command which can be issued from the command line on the MCPC. If you are using the GUI widget you can rebuild sccKit with a different sccPerf interval. I don't know what the limitations on what you can choose are.

About the precision .... I haven't seen any docs on the accuracy of the output; I think it is pretty accurate, but I don't have the exact number of significant digits.  I'll see what I can find out.

• 2. Re: Power usage displayed on performance widget.
            zaliwskia

Thanks Ted. I think that this answers my question. (I am going to use the performance widget on MCPC to monitor another program running on the cores.)

(Information about precision may be usable   for me).

• 3. Re: Power usage displayed on performance widget.
              radudavid

Hi,

I need to do something similar with the performance monitor. I am trying to rebuild the sccKit though, and I don't seem to have all the programs required to build it. I downloaded the sccKit_V1.3.0 tag from the repository, but I can't compile it. Is there a trick to it, or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Radu

• 4. Re: Power usage displayed on performance widget.
                tedk

How are you building sccKit? I attached a script capture showing how I built sccKit. I made this capture today.

Are you building on the MCPC? What parts are you mising?

• 5. Re: Power usage displayed on performance widget.
                  radudavid

I got it to work as we speak. I was having trouble with the qmake program. First I tried to build it on the MCPC, but it doesn't have qmake, so I did it on my ubuntu machine. I had to find the right version of qmake to get it to work. I believe the packages are libqt4-dev and qt4-dev-tools.

• 6. Re: Power usage displayed on performance widget.
                    tedk

Good news. My MCPC had the qmake tools, but I'm using an internal one that's not part of the data center.  If you are using the data center and you want these packages installed, file a bug under "Marc Administration Needed."