Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

3945abg wireless network only detect neighbours wifi wireless expect our own.

idata
Employee

Dear all,

My funny laptop from HP brought couples year ago come with the 3945abg wireless network where enable me to surf the net, lately it just won't detect my own home wifi-router (belkin) with Internet connection but instead it could detect all others my neightbours wifi point, how "noisy" this system are.

I had installed the latest intel software update specifically for this but it would only detect it own connection point fews time a week. So I need you help to solve this problem.

Many thanks

mustang2011

Message was edited by: mustang2011

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

i have this problem to!

cant find my router!!!

(intel 3945abg)

please answer to my qestion(sorry for my english,i'm ukrain)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Similar problem. A toshiba Satellite running Vista SP2 with an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG network connection. The device drive is "enabled" and "working properly" but when trying to "connect to a network", no wireless networks are recognized. I tried to update the driver for the Pro/Wireless but cannot find a driver for Vista. Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have same exact problem! i can see other networks and connect, but my network will not appear. please help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm surprise that Intel make no effort to help us here :-(

The should show their support to check the forum and see how they could lend their

hand.

Sometime I find it wired for those IT firm to do such things.

mustang2011

0 Kudos
MORAN_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If the wireless adapter is able to detect other networks but yours, it is likely that your home network might not be configured properly.

A good test for this would be to check whether another laptop can see/connect to your AP.

Thanks,

Moran

Intel Wireless

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Confirm you home router does not have the SIDS braoadcast turned off it its off it will not be seen.

A tool I us is "network stumbler" for trouble shooting wireless connections, it show all connection with security status. ** this tool will help with the chanel assignment you do not want your router on 6 and the neighbors router on 6 also - the wireless card will get confused as to what chanel they are using. So chanel seperation is very important.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

You are not right. It's very often situation, with this adapter, that it list lot of another SSID on wireless network, but not all, (IBM T60, intel 3945abg). I have saved a lot of wireless profiles (from my customer), wifi network works with another laptops, but I can't detect the right SSID.And week ago was everything ok.

Thanks for any tips to solved this problem.

Joe

0 Kudos