11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 8:05 AM by Miroslav

Turbo Boost Monitor Problem

Wayward

Situation: Turbo Boost Monitor is open and runnning normally. Put computer to sleep and then wake from sleep. Turbo Boost Monitor is still running but is non-reponsive, i.e., shows no activity.

Closing and reopening Turbo Boost Monitor (SignalIslandUI.exe in task manager) does not fix the problem.

To fix the problem, TurboBoost.exe must be killed with taskkill via an elevated command prompt, e.g., taskkill /PID /f

Reopen Turbo Boost Monitor after taskkill and it works normally again.

My system:

Windows 7 x64

Intel 2600k not overclocked

Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Intel Turbo Boost Monitor v2

• 1. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
          Boyet

Wayward wrote:

Situation: Turbo Boost Monitor is open and runnning normally. Put computer to sleep and then wake from sleep. Turbo Boost Monitor is still running but is non-reponsive, i.e., shows no activity.

Closing and reopening Turbo Boost Monitor (SignalIslandUI.exe in task manager) does not fix the problem.

To fix the problem, TurboBoost.exe must be killed with taskkill via an elevated command prompt, e.g., taskkill /PID /f

Reopen Turbo Boost Monitor after taskkill and it works normally again.

My system:

Windows 7 x64

Intel 2600k not overclocked

Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Intel Turbo Boost Monitor v2

So what is your problem now?

• 2. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
            Wayward

If Turbo Boost Monitor is open before the computer is put to sleep, Turbo Boost Monitor no longer works after waking from sleep.

• 3. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
              Boyet

Wayward wrote:

If Turbo Boost Monitor is open before the computer is put to sleep, Turbo Boost Monitor no longer works after waking from sleep.

Why do you have to open TurboBoost monitor? Is it runned manually?

Is'nt it suppose to run automatically at windows startup? There should be a gadget on your desktop to indicate when the processor is changing its speed.

• 4. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                Wayward

I start it manually. You can right click on it and have it start with Windows or not.

That, however, is not the problem. The problem is that the desktop gadget shows no activity after the computer wakes from sleep.

• 5. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                  Boyet

Wayward wrote:

I start it manually. You can right click on it and have it start with Windows or not.

That, however, is not the problem. The problem is that the desktop gadget shows no activity after the computer wakes from sleep.

Ok I see what you mean. If you go to the services under administrative tools in the control panel and look for Intel TurboBoost right-click and choose properties. Select Startup type as automatic. Reboot and check if it now monitors after sleep. (See to it that the gadget is not run at startup - so you won't see the gadget after startup but you have the desktop icon).

Message was edited by: Boyet

• 6. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                    Wayward

To run Turbo Boost Monitior, all I have to do is Start > All Programs > Intel > Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor.

Once it is running on the Desktop, right click and check or uncheck "Run at Startup."

I'll set it to run at start up and see if it still works after waking from sleep.

• 7. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                      Boyet

See to it that at the Services under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel you set TurboBoost Startup Type as Automatic. That is click Start, then Control Panel, System and Security, Administrative Tools, Services, locate Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.0, right click and choose properties. Under Startup type select Automatic then click OK. Reboot your computer and check.

• 8. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                        nimd4

The service installs as Manual and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor is added to the Startup folder of the individual user (on Admin account, yes). Just tested, Automatic start seems to do it. :$

What happened to the Desktop Gadget of version 1?!? I hope this post isn't another negative that we're having with this version. The thread's here, if anyone's got some info.

Message was edited by: nimd4

Message was edited by: nimd4

• 9. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                          Miroslav

I don't have problem with Turbo Boost Monitor but with Turbo Boost. When I play a game Turbo Boost turns off by itself. I don't know why.

• 10. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                            Miroslav

I think I should see Turbo Boost technology in BIOS, shouln't I? but I can't see it in BIOS.

• 11. Re: Turbo Boost Monitor Problem
                              Miroslav

I don't see Turbo Boost in Services in Administrative Tools. But I know I have turbo boost